The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] EV1 takes vessel off course
05-19-19, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 01:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] EV1 takes vessel off course
I bought the EV1 system late 2014 & has been working perfectly.
Last week while sailing my yacht we ran aground while I was downstairs.
I had the autopilot set to AUTO & somehow the system turned me off course in 10 min. into a sand bank.
Once I got off I put the pilot on AUTO & after 5 sec the wheel turned to starboard perhaps 5 deg, then 10 deg to port then 15 deg to starboard then 20 deg to port where I put the pilot on standby.
I did all the re-setting in the P70 including re-set compass to no avail.
I noticed there was a message at the bottom of the P70 stating DETECTING MAGNETICS with a slider - was mostly red – this keeps repeating & never finalised – I don't remember seeing this before.
The pilot was working perfectly 2 weeks previous. Absolutely nothing has changed.
Today I did a FACTORY RESET on the P70 & spent time setting up the P70. The DETECTING MAGNETICS did complete although it took a good 1/2hr while moving the yacht about.
The P70 uses the GPS from the E7. I even borrowed a new Raymarine RS150 GPS & connected to the network with no difference.
Any idea what has gone wrong. The P70 is reporting correctly all units it can see – e.g. chart plotter, compass, ACU-100, VHF radio & AIS. Speed is set to GPS on the P70.
The E7 is using V19.003, & hardware V3.
ACU100 is using V2.23 (RSCP V1 L4)
EV1 Course Computer (compass) is using V2.18 (RSCP V1 L4)
I have been talking, via email, to Raymarine Sydney, but have not found a solution yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] EV1 takes vessel off course - ajhaddow - 05-19-19 06:12 AM