The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C120 Classic screen anomaly
05-30-19, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-19 12:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C120 Classic screen anomaly
Our unit, which you worked on for failed buttons, after almost a year of under-cover (full bimini), faceplate cover on, when activated recently, has screen anomalies which, after a day of use, did not go away.

There is a pattern which, if I could possibly describe it, would be similar to a frost pattern on a single-pane window in a humid house in your neighborhood in the winter. It could also be a top view of a mountain with stream patterns going down it. It's not continuous, but instead several instances of that problem.

Is this a past-known issue? I'm away from the boat currently and won't be back for a couple of weeks or I'd send you a picture. It's annoying but not disabling (that is, the display isn't so compromised as to be unusable - at least as yet), but if it's a relatively simple fix (even if that meant a new screen, if it was more affordable than
purchasing another, now that they are relatively common on the used market), we'd likely want to do that before setting out cruising ... particularly if that cruising was offshore from Ft. Pierce to north of Portland ME, which is the alternative to going back to the Bahamas this summer.

Thanks.

L8R

Skip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] C120 Classic screen anomaly - skipgundlach - 05-30-19 08:22 AM