The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading over the summer
06-17-19, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-19 01:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading over the summer
I am in the 1st stage of upgrading my electronics/MFD's. I currently have the following:
Two (2) E120 Classics
Raystar 125 GPS
AIS650
CP370 Sonar with B164 Transducer
S2G Smart Pilot Computer with ST8002 Controller and Remote
Cummins SmartCraft
Northstar NS100 VHF
SR6 Weather
Pathfinder Open Array Radar
E85001 Interface
I already know I have to replace the following:
1. SR6 with an SR200
2. Northstar NS100
3. Pathfinder Open Array Radar
In the end, I plan to have Axiom Pros with Navionics.
I'm on the boat almost every day doing tours, so I need to do this in stages when time permits. The boat is also used privately by my family...not much fishing, but a lot of offshore and intercostal travel.
So, here are my thoughts and questions:
1. I convert the CP370, S2G/ST8002, AIS650 to SeaTalkng and connect to a new Axiom Pro
- Should I eliminate the CP370?
- Should I eliminate the RayStar 125?, Upgrade it? or rely on the Axiom Pro internal GPS?
2. I replace the Northstar NS100 with a Ray90
- will this work with the AIS650?
3. What is the E85001 Interface used for? I have not yet traced the wires, but I'm assuming the S2G computer???
- Should it be eliminated?
- Is it relatively easy and cost effective to upgrade the S2G? If so, to what system??? I use it a lot!!!
4. Does the Seatalk Ng system require it's own breaker?
5. While I'm converting, I plan to use one of the E120's for the weather and radar...so the Ray125 would need to be connected to that unit until replaced. Make sense?
6. The last item to be replaced is the Analog radar. it this was your boat, what would you replace it with?
Thank you for your help!
Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrading over the summer - ckroeger - 06-17-19 07:36 PM