The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] ST60+ Masthead Wind - Reasons for failure
06-29-19, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-19 10:26 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] ST60+ Masthead Wind - Reasons for failure
I purchased a new masthead sensor June 2015. Had it fail and subsequently repaired Nov. 2016. Now 2 years later it failed again. It was working before the winter.
Taken off the top of the mast and stored in the boat. When reinstalled this spring it was not working. I ran the multi-meter tests determined it was the sensor and because I was in the middle of a week long regatta purchased a replacement sensor. The sensor worked when connected to the existing wiring.
The question I have is what will cause a sensor to fail. Since I believe these units are not longer serviceable and $400 ea. I would like to keep this one working as long as possible. So what should I be checking to remove a source of failure? Will a short damage the board? Anything else?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] ST60+ Masthead Wind - Reasons for failure - dprice@plugnpay.com - 06-29-19 08:23 AM