The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] S100 Base Station - no link
07-01-19, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-19 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] S100 Base Station - no link
I have an s100 remote/base station that I use rarely (once or twice per year). It always worked when needed. When I tried it yesterday, the remote said "searching for network", but never found the base station -> goes to No Link than No Pilot. I changed batteries and tried again, same result. Self test of remote also passed. I verified power to the base station with multi-meter on the red and black wires of the sea talk connector and it comes back as 12.xx volts so there is power to the unit. Questions:

1) Any ideas? I'm assuming the base station is not functioning, but don't see an obvious way to test that other than making sure that power is being supplied.

2) Does Raymarine still support/benchtest this unit? If so, cost?

3) Does Raymarine repair these units?

Given how little I use it, I wouldn't pay that much to repair replace, but if there was a reasonable path forward, I'd love not to have dead equipment on board.

Thanks for any advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] S100 Base Station - no link - taitelh - 07-01-19 02:56 PM