Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom 12 SD drive corruption
07-10-19, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-19 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom 12 SD drive corruption
Hello weschwab,

If your PC no longer lists the SD as a device when you connect it then that's not software/corruption, that's hardware (failed MicroSD card.) SD cards are produced in very large volumes at very low margins and the failure rate is higher than is ideal. Here in technical support, where we use a lot of SD cards, we probably throw away a couple of failed SD cards a month. Writing large volumes of data to the card frequently - e.g. frequent chart updates - would stress the card and make early failure more likely. I think you should get the card back to Navionics again.

Re. removing the card from the display: I do this on my bench test Axiom display regularly throughout the day with my thumbnail. I agree that an eject would be more convenient, but I suspect that the reason why one wasn't used in the design was the number of people who still used pliers and destroyed their card readers in the previous a/c/e/eS-series displays which did use a spring-eject. We try to reach the best compromise in this sort of situation and believe that a little more effort to remove is worth it if it prevents people completely destroying their chart slots.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom 12 SD drive corruption - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-10-19 05:20 AM