The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TG] Anchor watch and Alarm
07-09-19, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-19 12:59 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Anchor watch and Alarm
Hi Raymarine,

I bought a new boat, and on that boat there is a raymarine setup, i bought the new Axiom 9 to update the current system, i came from a full 2017 Garmin setup, and are learning the differences, but also see the pros and cons.

There is one thing i would like to request, that is an easy way to create an Anchor Watch/Alarm so you can sleep tight at those Anchorages.

So my idea was simply to have a predefined page where you can pre configure how far there are from your navstation to your anchor drop. When you get in position and ready to drop the anchor you hit the button on the display and the Anchor alarm knows exactly where the anchor is dropped, you then lay your chain, back your boat to get a grip and now the alarm is centered on the drop point, and stays there. After you have dropped your anchor you could have on that same page, a distance ring around your anchor drop point, a track so you can see your drift pattern. then you should be able to customize what data you want on your display, wind speed direction etc. If you have a radar mounted or AIS you could include that you would like to be alerted if other boats are suddenly in range, this would also be a good safety aspect, when you are all alone at those remote Anchor places, around the world and you would be able to detect intruders before they are opening your hatches.

I think the whole Anchor part of Lighthouse 3 could get a lot better, this gives a sailor like me ease of mind when sleeping during the night, and i would not have the need to install apps on tablets/phones that can do some of this.

Kind regards
Ricco
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Anchor watch and Alarm - Riccoz - 07-09-19 02:55 PM
RE: Anchor watch and Alarm - Riccoz - 06-02-20, 02:56 PM