Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot Malfunction
07-30-19, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-19 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Autopilot Malfunction
Thanks for your reply Chuck!

We went for a weekend of trials on the boat and we had some success by setting up
a minimalist network, "dev_network_minimal", and the AP finally worked as it should!!

We steered with 10 degrees turns to complete full 360s, port and stbd, it worked fine!
Then we started increasing to 20, 30, 40+ degree turns until it stopped working.

The TICTIC I said on first post, we thought it was normal to the drive but it is not.
The magnets inside the motor body are loose, as you can hear on dev_raytheondrive_T1L,
that's my father saying he thinks the joints and the axle are the problem... nope!

At least part of the magnets are loose and probably overcurrent is making it disarm.
Rudder drive is a Raytheon Type 1 Linear and we are waiting for repair, it there's any.

As we wait we will work on a complete original network based on your corrections.
I am attaching a layout of it as "dev_network_full"... I will remove one ST1STNG bus!

The EV-1 still shows Max Deviation 188 degrees... maybe after the software update?

Thank you very much and I will reply with more info asap!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.mp4  dev_raytheondrive_T1L.mp4 (Size: 2.98 MB / Downloads: 368)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Autopilot Malfunction - borghetti - 07-30-19 08:48 AM