Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Can’t get rid of sounder clutter
09-22-19, 09:27 PM
RE: [TG11] Can’t get rid of sounder clutter
Hello Wawacoco,

No, that's not quite what I was trying to say. Some degree of noise as you speed up is normal, but in your second video it appears that the amount of noise in your system might be more than is normal. If that's the case then with a bit of work together we ought to be able to find out where it's coming from and hopefully solve it.

The first step is to run the sounder in a diagnostic mode which will clearly show how the signal and noise levels change in your system as you speed up and confirm that there is indeed a noise problem (it looks like that from the video, but the default Auto modes can make it hard to be sure about these kinds of diagnosis.) There's information on how to do this on this page. If you can set your sounder up in the 65/15/0 manual sensitivity and so on that that guide describes and then send images of the result at a range of speeds, I can confirm noise or otherwise and we can move onto the next step.
Alternatively, you could get in touch with your local technical Service Dealer (tick 'Certified Installation' on our dealer locator and ask them to look into this for you.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Can’t get rid of sounder clutter - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-22-19 09:27 PM