The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum Radome stopped working - 'failed self test' - what to test?
08-02-19, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 02:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum Radome stopped working - 'failed self test' - what to test?
Our Quantum radar has been installed for just over 2 years. It has been lightly used. On our last passage it had been working normally. I put it into standby. Later that night I switched to transmit - and it stated 'Radar Quantum Radome (-60366) Not available. Scanner failed self test'
I cycled the power. No improvement.

It is connected by data cable, so I tried to connect to the radome by wifi from the Lighthouse MFD - connection appeared to be successful and the transmit button became available, but on pressing transmit, it returns same message, failed self test.

To be sure I connected our second Lighthouse MFD by wifi, and the result is the same.
Have tried on another day after a full power recycle. No improvement.

Supply voltage at the switch is normal (24V).
I assume that power to the radome is fine because it's trying to self test.
Does this suggest an internal fault with the scanner?
Are there any further tests I can perform?
Of course I am cruising - not easy to find a Raymarine expert. I have an electronics background.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Quantum Radome stopped working - 'failed self test' - what to test? - Cmonster - 08-02-19 11:41 AM