Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page
02-17-20, 01:52 AM
RE: [TG11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page
Hello magic8,

Pulling lots of current through a convertor isn't a good thing, but can't cause this sort of problem, it can't change the data as it goes through.

If you disconnect the RS150, you do lose GPS fix on the MFD (get a lost-fix alarm and the boat symbol disappears)?
Do you ever see static GPS position, that doesn't update as you move?

The reason I ask is that we often come across cases where there's a second source of GPS data that people aren't aware of, and we also sometimes come across data loops that can cause a static GPS position until a reset or power-cycle, at which time it will run again ok for a while until the loop reasserts at some unpredictable time in the future and the position is static again.

Other than these, I cannot think of anything useful I can get you to do without being able to read the satellite status direct from the antenna.
By the way, going back a couple of posts, I would advise not completely discounting RF interference. Everyone I've come across this has thought it highly unlikely until it's proven to be true in their case. Interference can come from almost anything electrical on the boat that has power and is more complex than an incandescent globe.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] No GPS Info on MFD GPS Status Page - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-17-20 01:52 AM