Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] lost IP cameras after axiom LH3 3.10 sw update
08-20-19, 01:44 AM
RE: [TG11] lost IP cameras after axiom LH3 3.10 sw update
I'm glad to hear that you've found a pattern/trigger of a sort.

I have spoken with our product managers and confirmed my previous knowledge that there's been no deliberate change to our ONVIF/IP support, but then we don't formally and explicitly support ONVIF in our MFDs (we do in many of our thermal cameras.)

Clues as to what is happening will lie in the ethernet traffic in the system, but you'd need someone who was comfortable working with that data, and an ethernet tap (port-mirroring switch) in order to eavesdrop on what's being said between the MFD and the rest of the network in order to say for sure. I don't have access to the find details of what's included in each software release, but it could be something like an up-issue in a third-party library in the ONVIF software stack which no longer fully supports the older ONVIF revision of that camera.

What ONVIF revisions are the working and non-working cameras?

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] lost IP cameras after axiom LH3 3.10 sw update - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-20-19 01:44 AM