Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
06-14-20, 05:10 PM
Wink RE: [CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder?
I have a 2007 Yamaha F150 and a new Raymarine Element.

I installed the Yamaha NMEA cable in the engine, connected the Yamaha engine NMEA cable at one end to a properly terminated NMEA backbone cable/tee. My backbone runs to the Element, then further to my dashboard through the bow and back, and the end terminator is there, under the dash. The Element NMEA cable connection runs into a Tee, and this is also where my backbone picks up it's power connection.

This network was displaying all of the available engine data on my older Lowrance HDS5 which I removed to install the Element.

Initially, I fought with the "Identify Engine" button, and couldn't figure out how to get things working.

After reading the instructions a few times, I saw that the Element actually tells you not to use "Identify Engines" unless something is wrong with the display you are seeing.

The connections I described, without anything other than the actual Yamaha engine to NMEA cable that is non NMEA standard, works fine without any changes to settings or menu adjustments. It is all "ready to go - out of the box".

I am getting all the usual Yamaha engine data, such as instantaneous fuel flow, and temps and pressures.

I'm absolutely delighted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Can I Display my 2019 Yamaha 70 hp F70 engine data on my Element Fishfinder? - wankykootiepooper - 06-14-20 05:10 PM