Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from e series to Axiom Pro
02-20-20, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-20 11:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from e series to Axiom Pro
Q1. I can mix the E70372-00-NAG (Axiom Pro) with an E70368 (Axiom). The PRO w/maps will be the "master" and everything will work
on both screens.
A1. When properly interfaced to one another, the Axiom Pro and Axiom MFD will share all resources and data.

Q2. Both the models I mention will fit in the holes my two e125s occupy
A2. The footprint / cutout of the Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs are not identical to those of the e125 MFDs. The footprint of the Axiom Pro 12 MFD is slightly larger than the e125 MFD. The footprint of the Axiom 12 MFD is smaller than the footprint of the e125 MFD ... Raymarine offers an adapter plate (A80528) to fill the void.

Mounting templates including cutout and footprint dimensions for the Axiom and Axiom Pro may be found with Raymarine's Product Documentation.

Q3. The cabling I have with my two e125s will work with the two Axioms,
A3. The Axiom Pro and e-Series MFDs use the same power and RayNet cables. The SeaTalkng cable will need to be adapted to be mated to the Axiom Pro MFD's NMEA 2000 socket. Axiom MFDs utilize a different power cable and is used by the e125 and do not feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface or analog video interface. Axiom and e125 utilize the same RayNet Cables, albeit Axiom MFDs only have one Ethernet (RayNet) socket. The SeaTalkng cable will need to be adapted to be mated to the Axiom MFD's NMEA 2000 socket (if it will be interfaced to the backbone).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from e series to Axiom Pro - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-20-20 11:05 AM