The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Adjusting magnetic variation on ST50 multi
08-31-19, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-19 02:44 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Adjusting magnetic variation on ST50 multi
I have 2 x ST7000 control heads connected to 3 x ST50 Multi and an ST50 NavData (Course Computer Z083, Fluxgate Compass Z130).

The system’s variation is currently set to 2°E. It should be 0°4’W. From the manauls it appears variation should be adjusted via the ST50 Multi. I can see no means to adjust variation via the ST7000.

With the GPS off (lest it interfere) I attempted to adjust to 0°. But here’s the oddity: the unit resets itself to the previous value after a couple of seconds. (I would post an illustrative video but can't seem to!)

I have tried hurriedly "saving" the new value (pressing depth and log) before the value resets but the new value does not persist.

I have tried disconnecting the two other Multis lest they are interfering. But the unit still resets itself to 2°E. And I have tried performing the adjustment on the other units, but they do the same.

What could be going on?!

with thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] Adjusting magnetic variation on ST50 multi - LJK - 08-31-19 03:27 AM