The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working
09-06-19, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working
I have an Axiom 12 RV with LH3 3.10.42. (Issue was the same with prior releases).

I can make it connect wirelessly to my Sony TV at home. It sometimes takes very long to connect but it works even with fairly long distance and thick walls in between. Once connected it stays connected. When connecting there is no code required - I just get a message box on the Axiom asking to confirm the invitation.
That's all good.

Here comes the issue:
On my boat I have a fairly new LG TV with Miracast. (LG24MT49S).
Miracast works perfectly with every Android phone and tablet I have.
These will connect instantly and with no code to enter and no invitation to respond to. They just connect when I turn on the screen projection.

When I try to connect the Axiom it doesn't work.
I have to be VERY close - usually less than 3m/10ft - to be able to se the TV WiDi and when I then try to connect, the TV will display a code which I need to enter on the Axiom to confirm the invitation. (This is also how it's described in the Raymarine setup instructions). BUT when I enter the code the TV will try to connect for 120 seconds and then give up. I have never been able to make it work.
I've done countless factory resets of the Axiom, tried in remote places with no other wifi signals disturbing, updated the TV software - all with no luck.

The Axiom core is Android so it beats me why it works differently from phones/tablets.
Given the TV works perfectly with phones/tablets I doubt the issue is with the TV.
Has anyone made this work with an LG TV?
Obviously the hand-shake on pairing/connection works differently vs the Sony TV, but based on the Raymarine instructions the code hand-shake is the intended way.

I have one other wifi issue with my Axiom. When I use a tablet with Remote Control to connect to the Axiom Wifi it will disconnect from time to time. First it will stop responding to input on the tablet and finally the screen will go black and I have to reconnect. Sometimes, when this happens, I need to go to settings on the Axiom and re-enable remote control.

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working - Gypsy King - 09-06-19 03:59 AM