Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Choosing transducer for Axiom. Fishing Oregon
11-13-19, 11:00 AM
RE: [CA11] Choosing transducer for Axiom. Fishing Oregon
lukerabun,

Q1. So from what I have learned I'm thinking a B175 HW, a B175M, and a RV100 will be the most effective for the kind of fishing I do. Based on your knowledge and experience is there something I might be overlooking?
A1. Assuming that the boat is powered by I/O or outboard propulsion, then this transducer selection would indeed appear to be appropriate.

Q2a. I'm thinking that for the little difference in price between the 9RVX & the 9 S that I'ill just get two 9RVX units and one 9. Would this be optimal or will I lose features by not getting the 9S?
A2a. Should a RVX1000 RealVision Sonar Module be installed, then there would be no advantage in having a MFD with internal RealVision circuitry within the system, other than possibly as a means of redundancy. Should a failure of the RVX1000 ever occur, then the transducers may instead be interfaced to the Axiom Pro RVX MFD(s). Similarly, should the system not feature a RVX1000 RealVision, then installation of two Axiom Pro MFDs RVX MFDs would provide a similar level of redundancy. Should a failure of the internal sonar circuitry of one of the Axiom Por MFDs ever occur, then the transducers may instead be interfaced to the other Axiom Pro RVX MFD.

Q3. Will the Axis 9 puck used for the autopilot cause interference with the radar or vise versa if mount close to each other? In this case it's looking like the puck will be above and slightly behind the Raydome.
A3. As radar transducers feature an electric motor, magnetic north seeking devices such as an EV-1 CCU should not be installed within 3' of radar transducers.

Q4. The axiom 9 is for the cockpit and its main function would be to mirror one or both of the RVXs at the helm. Will that work and is the Axiom 9 the most practical Raymarine display for this purpose?
A4. Yes and yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Choosing transducer for Axiom. Fishing Oregon - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-13-19 11:00 AM