The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E97 GPS very slow to get fix
10-20-19, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-19 12:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E97 GPS very slow to get fix
HI,

Im in Australia and have an E97 fitted. I am finding the GPS very slow to get a fix, particularly at home. It's only under carport with a tin roof, no sides. The Garmin next to it gets a fix nearly instantly. I also experience laggy GPS at sea as it can be hard to get the boat right on a waypoint.

I have updated software to latest. Done a full restore. Adjusted COG/SOG filter to low.

When i have a look in skyview it is only bringing one satellite up and it comes and goes. I did finally get a fix from it last night after 1/2 hour. But today waited 1/2 hour and nothing.

The unit is flush fitted into a fibreglass dash but cant see that causing the issue?

Can you use an external GPS antenna with these? If so how do they connect - NMEA network? Or maybe my internal GPS is on the way and not worth it?

THanks
Richard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] E97 GPS very slow to get fix - Richie-mort - 10-20-19 03:33 AM