The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
11-03-19, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-19 03:52 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
My AIS700 v1.05.01 was set up correctly to the MFD C80 v5.04 and all the information displayed seems correct to me. I see vessels at 22 NM...
Connections from AIS to MFD C80 and DSC VHF (Icom M330E) were executed using NMEA Cable. Connections follow indications of attachment 1. No data exit from NMEA LO cable color Purple and Pink. I check with an oscilloscope.
Pls Note. I used ProAIS2 to set up and to check (and uncheck) GLL flag on the Output GNSS Sentencies Configuration area. No changes. GNSS data are not transferred to the VHF in both case.
ICOM M330E has no GPS on board, so if position data are supplied to the input, data are displaied to VHF screen, in case data are not sent "NO DATA" sentence appear on the display obliging me to enter them manually.
C80 set up allow me to set only one NMEA baud rate. I set up 38600Baud. I see the vessel at 22NM no issue here.
AIS NMEA LO output was set up to 4800Baud (the cable to supply data to VHF). NMEA HI was set up at 38600Baud.
Pls note the first test I did several months ago VHF data were transferred with no issue at all. After that I have
a) Updated AIS (#1) to v1.06 but I didn't check if position data were still present.
b) I installed MMSI to the DSC VHF. At this time I discover the position data were no more present.
c) Raymarine change me the AIS with a second one with SW v1.05, the one in my hands now, but the issue still persist.
I doubt the VHF input port isn't working as no data are present to the AIS NMEA LO output port....
Attachment 2 and 3 may help?
Any suggestion to help me to solve this issue?
Thanks Max

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF - capmax1 - 11-03-19 10:20 AM