The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading/Replacing x30 Autopilot Computer
11-13-19, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-19 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading/Replacing x30 Autopilot Computer
Hi all,

We have a 30,000 lb. sailboat with an X30 SmartPilot computer controlled by an ST-70 head unit. The computer throws a current limit error. The type 2 linear drive tests good in both directions, and the rudder position sensor tests good. The problem is therefore in the computer. Problem is, the Raymarine service center says they don't repair the x30 computer anymore, and neither of the 3rd party repair centers they recommended will touch it either. I've seen some working units for sale on Ebay, but they're very pricey.

My question is this: Are there any OTHER course computers compatible with the ST70 head and type 2 linear drive? The guy at Raymarine told me we'd have to replace the whole system (less the drive) with the current model, will cost upwards of $3000. I'm looking for a way to get this done cheaper, since the existing system worked great until it died. There are plenty of used drive computers out there, but I don't know which ones will work with a type 2 drive and an ST70 head.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrading/Replacing x30 Autopilot Computer - Carl Dirkes - 11-13-19 08:53 AM