Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Light 3 software Upgrade; 3.11 Cannes
11-19-19, 08:59 AM
RE: [CA11] New Light 3 software Upgrade; 3.11 Cannes
Q. Is there a way on getting the AIS buddy list back, along with my app pages?
A. It sounds as though the tech walked you through a System Settings Reset rather than a Power On Factory Reset as had been recommended. Both of these types of reset commands will restore the MFD's settings back to the way that they would have been when the MFD came out of the box. As such, any previously configured pages, configuration settings, AIS buddies, etc. would have been erased and cannot be recovered unless the operator had commanded that settings and data be saved to one's microSD memory card. As indicated within my earlier response, even should on have saved this data then it would have been recommended that these settings not be restored from this saved file and instead be manually reconfigured for the LH3 v3.11.42 software update. The System Settings and Data Reset option within the MFD's menus will go a bit deeper by additionally erasing waypoint, route, and track data. The suggested Power On Reset is the deepest reset and will cause all temporary memory storage to be erased as well. The latter is representative of the state of the MFD as it would emerge from its package.

Details concerning how to save system settings and restore system settings from a saved file may be found within the Import/Export section of Chapter 5.8 My data of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] New Light 3 software Upgrade; 3.11 Cannes - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-19-19 08:59 AM