Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer
09-06-19, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-19 08:35 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer
Hi,

I recently added an i70s and ITC-5 to my system, which previously consisted of ST60 Speed, ST60 Depth and i60 Wind.

I have connected the Speed and Wind transducer cables to the ITC-5 and am successfully receiving that data on STNG and ST1.

However, whilst I get Depth data on ST1 with the transducer connected to the ST60 Depth, when I connected the transducer cables to the ITC-5 instead I couldn't get any Depth data on STNG or ST1, and the i70s did not show the ITC-5 as a source for Depth.

Is it possible that my depth transducer is compatible with the ST60 but not with the ITC-5? I think it is a pretty standard Airmar one. Anything else I should try? There was a big magnet clipped on to the depth transducer cable, what does that do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-19, 04:24 AM
RE: [LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer
Dear 9203R,

Thank you for your post.

What transducers do you have? Are they separate transducers or do you have a triducer?

When the depth transducer is connected to the iTC-5, what are the indicator LEDs flashing or displaying?

The analogue ST60 depth transducer is compatible with the iTC-5. I believe the 'magnet' you are referring to is a suppression ferrite to reduce any interference from RFI or EMI.

You confirm you get depth on your ST60 instrument when directly connected?

Many Thanks
Louise
10-16-19, 07:40 AM
(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  What transducers do you have? Are they separate transducers or do you have a triducer?

Separate transducers for Wind, Speed and Depth. Need to check the exact model.

(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  When the depth transducer is connected to the iTC-5, what are the indicator LEDs flashing or displaying?

If I remember correctly, no LEDs, but I will check again

(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  The analogue ST60 depth transducer is compatible with the iTC-5. I believe the 'magnet' you are referring to is a suppression ferrite to reduce any interference from RFI or EMI.
Thanks.

(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  You confirm you get depth on your ST60 instrument when directly connected?

Yes, depth was and is reading correctly on the ST60 when directly connected to the transducer

Thanks!
10-31-19, 10:03 AM
Dear 9203R,

Did you check the iTC-5 for the LEDs?

Please email me at support.uk@raymarine.com if you have any further queries.

Many Thanks
Louise