Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I insert my chart card into my a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or Dragonfly Display?
12-15-15, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-17 02:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
How do I insert my chart card into my a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or Dragonfly Display?

Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and Dragonfly displays are designed for use with Navionics, C-Map, and LightHouse cartography stored on microSD memory cards. These microSD memory cards have been packaged within a SD to microSD memory card adapter sleeve to facilitate updating the chart card's contents using a computer. The adapter sleeve also aids in protecting the microSD memory card from damage or loss when it is not in the product's reader. The adapter sleeve's printed label identifies the type of cartography stored on the microSD memory card and its geographic area of coverage.

The microSD memory card must be withdrawn from this adapter sleeve for use with the MFD or Dragonfly display. To do so, orient the SD memory card adapter sleeve such that the label is facing you and the contacts are facing downward and away from you. Insert your finger nail into the recess in the sleeve below the chart card's label and slide your finger away from the label. Doing so will withdraw the microSD card from the SD to microSD memory card adapter sleeve.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3]

For MFDs having two microSD card reader slots:
- upper slot (SD1): the microSD memory card should be oriented with the contacts facing downward and toward the MFD when inserting the microSD memory card into the reader slot;
- lower slot (SD2): the microSD memory card should be oriented with the contacts facing upward and toward the MFD when inserting the microSD memory card into the reader slot.

For a-Series MFDs having a single microSD card reader slot, the microSD memory card should be oriented with the contacts facing upward and toward the MFD when inserting the microSD memory card into the reader slot

For Dragonfly displays, the microSD memory card should be oriented with the contacts facing downward and toward the MFD when inserting the microSD memory card into the reader slot.

RAYFAQ#

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed