Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Route name truncation
11-19-19, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-19 09:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Route name truncation
I have eS127 MFD running LH 3 and Navionics software. All are updated to the latest version. When using the sync feature on an IPad, the routes show up with the names truncated making them unusable without editing the names.

If the transfer occurs using a card, the names show up correctly. Is there something else I should be doing to insure the route is synced properly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-19, 09:47 AM
Brick RE: [CA11] Route name truncation
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum nharrison5,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Most commonly, this issue results from having created route and/or waypoint names violating the constraints specified within the referenced FAQ.
11-26-19, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-19 08:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Route name truncation
Thanks Chuck. It appears that the truncation of the route name only occurs through plotter sync. When using a card to import the routes, the full route name shows up. These route names are well over 16 characters.
11-26-19, 08:54 PM
RE: [CA11] Route name truncation
nharrison5,

There is a good possibility that the Boating app is responsible for the reported issue. I can volunteer to look at the GPX file that was transmitted by the Boating app to the MFD. Should you additionally provide the name of one of the waypoints which had a truncated name, I can verify whether the GPX file includes the truncated name.