Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Networking e95 with Axiom 9
12-12-19, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-19 11:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Networking e95 with Axiom 9
I have full range of Raymarine instruments, including EV1 Autopilot, about two years since i installed it, but have an "old" e95 plotter (MFD) on which the touch screen does not align well, I have tried to calibrate but it does not improved very much. I plan to buy the AXIOM 9, and put that as my main plotter, will my old charts from the E95 work on a new Axiom? CAN BOTH plotters read the same charts from one unit? Or do I need to have charts in both units the e95 and the Axiom 9?
Any suggestion on how to fix the touch screen alignment?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-19, 12:07 PM
RE: [CA11] Networking e95 with Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kerpa,

Q1. will my old charts from the E95 work on a new Axiom?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, chart cards which had been successfully used with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD may be retained for use with an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD.

Q2. CAN BOTH plotters read the same charts from one unit?
A2. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, a MFD running LightHouse II software (i.e. e95 MFD) may not be simultaneously interfaced to an Ethernet network to which a MFD running LightHouse 3 software (ex. Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD) has been interfaced. As indicated therein, a degree of data sharing may be accomplished by interfacing each MFD to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q3. Or do I need to have charts in both units the e95 and the Axiom 9?
A3. It the intention is to view detailed charts on both MFDs, then the answer would be yes.

Q4. Any suggestion on how to fix the touch screen alignment?
A4. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply