Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
01-22-20, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
Here is what I hope to be the final version of the system.

I removed the NG converter, ST60 wind and tridata and replaced the ST60 with 2 i70 Multi..

If all looks good I will wire as shown.

Thanks,
Jeff

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Visio-Indigo Star 8.pdf (Size: 27.68 KB / Downloads: 193)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-20, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 01:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Jeff,

I assume that the SeaTalk Converter and NMEA WiFi products shown within the diagram are third party products. Please note that the diagram is correct with respect to i70 MFIDs and the Raymarine products shown. Please note that the i70 MFIDs were replaced several years ago by the i70S MFIDs. The primary difference between the i70 MFIDs and the i70S MFIDs is that the i70 MFIDs featured a pair of SeaTalkng spur sockets, permitting them to be daisy chained. In contrast, the i70S MFIDs feature a single SeaTalkng spur socket to conform to the NMEA 2000 requirement that each individual component be interfaced as a spur to the backbone rather than being included in a daisy chain.
01-22-20, 01:27 PM
The NEMA converter is the old E85001 unit, I had one and thought I might could just put it on that D144 J block and tap off the Seatalk there and send the NEMA out to a wiFi bridge......so far I haven't had any NEMA data showing up at the WiFi bridge...(it has an Orange LED that flashes when NEMA data is being provided)
01-22-20, 03:21 PM
Jeff,

The SPX autopilot course computer bridge very little data from SeaTalkng to SeaTalk and vice versa. You may want to consider installing a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter within the backbone and in turn connect it to the E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module. As the latter have not been supported in some time, you may also want to consider interfacing a NMEA 2000 to WiFi interface to a spur socket within the backbone.
01-22-20, 07:08 PM
So maybe I can move the existing NG converter to down below, connect it with a backbone, from that open blue on the 5 way and from there to a D144 junction to the E85001?

I guess the bulk of the NEMA data would be on the backbone ?

Good idea...and maybe that explains why i didnt see any NEMA data...and I did used to have a DigitalYachts NEMA2000 to WiFi unit but it failed and they are around $400 so I held off, thought maybe I could make something work with what I have....

Sound good?
01-23-20, 09:38 AM
Jeff,

Q1. I guess the bulk of the NEMA data would be on the backbone ?
A1. The format of data packet on the backbone is NMEA 2000 PGNs. The format of data packets on SeaTalk bus is SeaTalk proprietary packets. The format of data transmitted from an E85001's NMEA 0183 output port is 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 sentences. To summarize, system data present on the backbone will be bridged to a Seatalk bus via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Should the E85001 be operational, then it bridge data from the SeaTalk bus to 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 sentences. This is a completely plausible means to get data from your system via WiFi to a navigational application running on a computer or mobile device.
01-23-20, 02:07 PM
OK, thanks..when I do this..I was wondering should I connect the Yellow cable or a white spur cable from the NG converter to the D144 and from there to the E85001?
01-23-20, 02:20 PM
Jeff,

Q. I was wondering should I connect the Yellow cable or a white spur cable from the NG converter to the D144 and from there to the E85001?
A. Spur cables and spur (white) sockets within SeaTalkng networking components should only be used to interface a device having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interfaced to the system SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Devices having a SeaTalk communications interface must be interfaced to the system the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Accordingly, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit will be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, which in turn will be connected to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. An appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable (w/plug removed from one end) will then be used to connect the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block to either set of the E85001's SeaTalk terminals.
01-23-20, 04:11 PM
Noted ... looks good to me.
01-30-20, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 02:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes, after removing the Flux Compass input to the X30 the system still defaulted to the AR-200 as the source for heading & GPS..

Thanks...Jeff