Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Es127
12-05-19, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-19 01:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Es127
I am purchasing an used es127 and want to be sure everything will run with it. I currently have a C120 wide which I am replacing. I also have st50 depth and speed, st 60 wind, ev 400 autopilot, ng backbone from Ecu to nav pod, sr100 weather. I want to add AIS700. I read AIS manual and I am concerned it will not work because I have the st 50-60 instruments in the system. It looks like the AIS will need a longer cable for gps and I will need a few adapter cables. Does this setup seem like it will work? It is being used on a sailboat. I am using es127 so I don’t have to buy a new sr100. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-19, 02:06 PM
RE: [CA11] Es127
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dwight,

Obtaining an eS127 might be a tall order at this time, as these MFDs were replace by the Axiom Pro MFDs some time ago. However, should you be fortunate enough to find one, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one would go about replacing a C-Series Widescreen MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.

Q1. I currently have a C120 wide which I am replacing. I also have st50 depth and speed, st 60 wind, ev 400 autopilot, ng backbone from Ecu to nav pod.
A1. The C120W should presently be interfaced as a spur to the C120W topowered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to support its communications with the Evolution autopilot. While a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be added as a component of the backbone to support integration of ST60/ST60+/ST50+ instruments with the system, ST50 instruments are not supported (i.e. have not be tested and therefore cannot support if problems arise after interfacing) for use with a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. That said, as no harm should befall the system to try using the ST50 instrument with the system, you may want to try it before replacing it with an i50 Depth and Speed or Tridata instrument.

Q2. I want to add AIS700. I read AIS manual and I am concerned it will not work because I have the st 50-60 instruments in the system. It looks like the AIS will need a longer cable for gps and I will need a few adapter cables.
A2. While the AIS700's GPS antenna will need to be installed to support AIS Class B transmissions from your vessel, the remaining installation of the AIS700 should be fairly straightforward. The currently installed SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will need to have an available spur (white) socket within 6m of the installation location of the AIS700. If not, then the backbone will need to be extended in the direction of the AIS700 and an additional spur socket will need to be added to support interfacing the AIS700 as a spur to the backbone.

With regard to extending the AIS700's passive GPS antenna, Raymarine offers the E36011 10m Passive GPS Antenna Extension Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply