Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
12-14-19, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-19 10:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
I did a lot of measuring and thinking and the only way left I can think of to do this is to relocate my B164 (apologies I was referring to it as a B163) and install a pair of RV-220 or RV-320 thru the hulls - one where the B164 was and the other on the opposite side. Everything in my boat is very tight so there just isn’t a lot of room. This would be a lot of work and expense and therefore I would ask if you could have someone look at my specific situation and opine as there are no "Certified Raymarine Installers" near me.

My primary concern is the proximity of the RV-200 with the B164. The RV's are not flush mount and therefore I am not sure what the effect would be on a flush mount transducer mounted near by - or if the transducers would interfere with one another.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-19, 11:13 AM
RE: [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
DFMott,

I am an engineer and we have a couple of others within the group. Your latest suggestion with regard to the movement of the B164 to permit a RV transducer pair to be installed was suggested earlier last week (12-12-19, 10:39 AM) and would be the choice of the other engineers with whom I had consulted. The only possible issues which I see with the photo of the bilge showing the locations being considered are

1) the effects of the pump motors on the AHRS ... AHRS correction may be switched off to avoid issues.

2) potential reduction in the maximum speed that the B164 will track bottom ... this is because or the relatively close proximity of RV transducer to the B164 transducer, that the B164 is installed slightly aft of the leading edge of the RV transducer, and the RV transducers protrude slightly above the hull's surface rather than being flush with the hull's surface.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply