Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Which Autopilot do I need?
12-10-19, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-19 10:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Which Autopilot do I need?
I have a 2001 Proline 23 SS. It's a 24.5' twin outboard. I have twin etc 175s. I also have two Axiom plotter/GPS 12"/9". I purchased the Axiom as a combo kit that also included networking hardware if that is needed.

However to my main question. On this boat would I need the EV 150 or EV 200? What is the difference between these systems?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-19, 10:13 AM
RE: [CA11] Which Autopilot do I need?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum FlyingTexan,

As indicated within the FAQ found here, specification of an autopilot for hydraulically steered vessel begins with the steering system's steering cylinder(s). Accordingly, please respond with
- the number of steering rams
- the cubic capacity of the steering rams
- if more than on ram has been installed, whether the rams have been installed in series or in parallel
- whether the vessel feature a 12VDC or 24VDC power distribution system.
12-28-19, 12:25 PM
Hi- It's been determined a 12v Type 1 pump is correct for my boat's steering system. What are the advantages of the EV200 over the EV150 autopilot? Thanks!!
12-30-19, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-19 08:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Savoia,

With regard to a hydraulically steered vessel utilizing a 12V Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, the only additional feature which an ACU-200 would bring to the plate would be the ability to supply power to a small SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone (ex. MFD and Evolution autopilot components). That said, it is considered to be a best installation practice to separately power the system SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone using the power cable supplied with Evolution autopilot system packs.