Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60+ Depth Reading Issues
12-10-19, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-19 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ST60+ Depth Reading Issues
Hi,

I have noticed on occasion erroneous depth readings, for example sailing along at ~60m depth and suddenly the depth appears to drop to less than 5m which could not be justified by chart readings.

I am currently moored at a depth of ~6m, and every few minutes the depth reading takes a dive down to less than 2m - see attached short video of the depth reading as seen on my graphic display.

I turned off all instruments for a minute or so, turned back on, but the problem persisted. I then turned all off for an hour or so, turned back on, and the problem seems to have gone away (reading steady 6m).

What is the most likely cause ? Transducer or ST60+ display ?

Attached File(s)
.mov  IMG_3581.MOV (Size: 8.15 MB / Downloads: 314)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-19, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-19 10:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ST60+ Depth Reading Issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Adam,

The symptom which you have reported is indicative how the ST60+ Depth/Tridata instrument may respond when approaching the limits of its depth performance (commonly specified to be approximately 180') and may be responding to pings off of the sailboat's keel. However, should the reported issue occur at much shallower depths, then it may be indicative of a problem with the depth transducer or depth instrument. Both may be tested a technician equipped with an EDI transducer tester. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply