Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Replacement for Z083 course computer
12-18-19, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-19 10:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Replacement for Z083 course computer
I have a 47' sailboat that uses a ST7000 control head, Z083 course computer, fluxgate compass, rudder feedback, and type 2 linear actuator. I'd like to purchase a functioning replacement Z083 course computer as a spare, however, they are rare. If I can't find one, I'd want to replace the minimum number of components ($) to create a functioning autopilot system. Please advise which components would I need to replace.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-19, 10:28 AM
RE: [CA11] Replacement for Z083 course computer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chip,

Raymarine's Evolution autopilots were introduced by Raymarine approximately 6 years ago and are the only type of autopilot sold by Raymarine. While the currently installed Type 2 Linear Drive and rudder reference transducer may be retained for use with an Evolution autopilot, the currently installed fluxgate compass and autopilot control head will be replaced with components specifically designed for Evolution autopilots. The required items as well as networking components are bundled in the T70161 EV-400 Sail System Pack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply