Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] PDF Viewer limitations
12-22-19, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-19 09:39 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
PDF Viewer limitations
Hi
I have found some limitations in the PDF viewer. Any url links show up as a blank line.
Also some red boxes with text show the box but not the text.
There are a few tables that show their outline but no text inside.
The first page of the attached URL has mostly explanation & links. All of the links are freely available and accessible to the general public.
The file I have attached is also available from the URL https://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Boating-maps.
Normally I would not include any URLs but this is a Australian Queensland Government public website and is freely available the content is freely downloadable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-19, 10:45 PM
RE: PDF Viewer limitations
Hello BernieK,

PDF documents can be funny. The PDF standard is nowadays a freely-available, open ISO document but it wasn't always the case, earlier versions were proprietary and even today Adobe, the original developer, offer (I believe) their own proprietary extensions. Not all PDF documents are created equal. Possibly the documents you're looking at were created with software that doesn't produce completely standards-compliant documents. Personally I have seen many PDF documents that display differently from one viewer to another, and often that will only display properly in Adobe's own Acrobat viewer and so presumably do contain proprietary or non-standards compliant elements. The primary intended application of the PDF viewer is our own handbooks and we don't extensively test upon other documents.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply