Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Feedback request on proposed SeaTalkNg on Regal 3560
01-06-20, 08:57 AM
RE: [CA11] Feedback request on proposed SeaTalkNg on Regal 3560
John,

Q1. If I'm reading relevant FAQ correctly, If I just introduce the SeaTalkNG to NMEA 0183 converter (E70196) and connect to VHF NEMA input wires as shown in attached updated diagram, that should do the trick?
A1. Indeed, the FAQ which you have referenced does address the situation of supplying GPS data from a system such as yours to a VHF radio having a NMEA 0183 communications interface. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter included with the E70196 will be installed as a backbone component within your system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q2. I'm assuming there is no way to daisy-chain from the ST60 (which is already connected to the existing SeaTalk 1 converter) to the VHF?
A2. Correct. SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters may support either SeaTalk to SeaTalkng data bridging or SeaTalkng GPS data to 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 GPS data bridging ... but it cannot simultaneously support both functions. A second SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will need to be installed to support supplying 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 GPS data to the VHF radio.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Feedback request on proposed SeaTalkNg on Regal 3560 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-06-20 08:57 AM