Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Using EBL/VRM independently
12-19-17, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-17 02:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Using EBL/VRM independently
Is it possible to set the EBL and VRM independently to perform things like radar-assisted turns? Our older system could do that, but so far, I haven't been able to find a way to do that with the newer (E-series) system.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-17, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-17 03:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Using EBL/VRM independently
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum OBSR,

Within Raymarine's MFDs operating with LightHouse II software, the only feature vaguely fitting your description supported by the MFD's Radar application is the ability to command navigation to a waypoint from within the Radar application. However, this feature is not in any way related to the VRM / EBL feature. Essentially, the user may place a waypoint at the location of radar target. Touching the screen of the Radar application in the location where you desire to navigate to will present a context menu providing an option to create a waypoint at that location. Should this menu option be selected, then a waypoint symbol will be rendered at the location which you had pointed to. After doing so, touching the screen of the Radar application where the waypoint symbol is displayed once again display a context menu providing an option to Go To Waypoint. Please note that this feature is only supported in conjunction with MFDs which have been interfaced to a source of heading data.
12-21-17, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-17 01:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for your response. I must correct my info as I believe our new system is the hybrid touch ES-series, as opposed to just the E-series, which I believe was the former system we had. With the older version, we were able to toggle between the EBL and VRM, allowing us to adjust them independently, which was ideal in maintaining a constant VRM (safety zone) while adjusting the EBL in order to navigate around islands and coastlines.
As far as I can tell, with the ES-series, the EBL and VRM are always linked together and change with cursor position. Is that correct?
I hope that makes sense.
12-21-17, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-17 02:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OBSR,

Thanks for the clarification of the subject which you have been seeking assistance with.
Indeed, the Radar application within LightHouse II as well as LightHouse 3 software does not support independent adjustments to the VRM and EBL features within the Radar application. Tying these to features together was likely done to reduce the number of steps required to obtain range and bearing data for a target. Should you desire, then a a feature request will be logged to consider such independent configuration of the VRM and EBL within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
12-21-17, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-17 04:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the confirmation. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
I think having that feature in the future would be great.
Thanks again for your reply.
12-21-17, 04:16 PM
OBSR,

Your feature request will be logged accordingly to be considered for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update as well as within the software for future MFDs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
02-14-20, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-20 08:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, just following up on this feature request made a couple years ago, to determine if/when support for independent adjustments of VRM and EBL features within the Radar application might be included in a future LightHouse 3 software update?

This was something we used on our previous E80's and found extremely useful for radar assisted turns during passage planning.

Thanks.
02-14-20, 09:09 AM
RCMSAR33,

As of the LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 software update, this feature has not yet been implemented. Please refer to the previously referenced FAQ addressing feature additions.