Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] How to access Precision Alignment Procedure for eS Series Lighthouse II
12-24-19, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-19 10:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] How to access Precision Alignment Procedure for eS Series Lighthouse II
Chuck provided a procedure to perform a precision alignment procedure by failing the standard alignment procedure as a way to potentially cure an intermittent touch screen problem on eS Series MFDs.

http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=1623

I do not get a dialog where I can press Yes to enter the Precision Alignment Procedure. Tried multiple ways with no joy.

Instead I get the following:

"Incorrect touch detected - unable to align the screen. Restarting alignment..."

(2) Touch crosshair to align screen (Touch screen for 3 seconds to CANCEL)

eS128
v19.03-00036

Any ideas on how to invoke precision alignment?

Thx, allan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-19, 11:13 AM
RE: [CA11] How to access Precision Alignment Procedure for eS Series Lighthouse II
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Allan,

The procedure for performing a touchscreen alignment to a eS-Series MFD is detailed within Chapter 7.13: Touchscreen alignment of the eS-Series Installation Instructions. As indicated therein, "After 2 failed alignment exercises you may be asked to perform a precision alignment exercise. However, I have similarly been unable to have the MFD enter precision alignment ... it will exit the alignment entirely upon acknowledging the second failure. Should an eS-Series MFD not align and retain alignment from the four point alignment, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply