Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot pump question
12-25-19, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-19 11:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot pump question
I currently have a 40ft Silverton with 1997 vintage Raymarine electronics and autopilot. The pump is labeled a type 2. Boat displacement is 20,000

I am upgrading to an Axiom MFD and and an evolution autopilot

My application is just cruising.

The current pump works well and will turn the boat hard over if the current autopilot requires such a course change.
I'd like to use the same pump if possible so could the EV-150 or EV-200 Evolution kit without the hydraulic pump be correct for this application?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-19, 11:45 AM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot pump question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Q. I'd like to use the same pump if possible so could the EV-150 or EV-200 Evolution kit without the hydraulic pump be correct for this application?
A. As indicated within the FAQ found here, a Type 2 Hydraulic Pump would require that the system feature an ACU-400. Raymarine bundles the ACU-400 with an EV-1 CCU, a p70RS autopilot control, and the SeaTalkng networking components required to interface these items to one another in the T70162 EV-400 Power System Pack.
01-01-20, 09:06 PM
Thanks,
If I buy the ACU-400 kit with the Axiom Display...do I also need a rotary rudder reference transducer?
01-02-20, 09:05 AM
Bill,

A rotary rudder reference transducer is included within the ACU-400's package. It is recommended that this transducer be installed. Please note that should a working Raymarine rudder reference transducer already be installed onboard and should it be operational, then it may be retained for use with the Evolution autopilot.
01-07-20, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 09:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
If connecting to an Axiom display with charting, do I need a speed transducer?
01-08-20, 09:46 AM
Bill,

As you have suggested, Evolution autopilots are dependent upon speed data. Speed data may be provided to the autopilot via any of the following means:

- a speed through water (STW) sensing device has been interfaced to the system ... this option will provide the best performance, particularly for those operating at slower speeds

- a source of GPS data has been interfaced to the system ... this option is quite adequate for the majority of Evolution autopilot systems

- user specified speed value

The command sequence MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->VESSEL SETTINGS->SPEED INPUT is used to select one of the above listed speed input options for the Evolution autopilot to use.