Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Replacing ST50 Multi with i70, connection options
12-29-19, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-19 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Replacing ST50 Multi with i70, connection options
I am replacing a ST50 Multi intstrument with an i70. There is a Seatalk ng network for autopilot, i50 depth, speed, and i60 wind in the cockpit and a Seatalk ng to Seatalk converter kit close to the autopilot control head. All of this is a long distance to the place where the i70 is going to be installed. Is it possible to spice the existing Seatalk cable to a Seatalk ng spur cable to feed the i70? If so, can you outline the splice for me? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-19, 10:20 AM
RE: [CA11] Replacing ST50 Multi with i70, connection options
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum bwehmer,

The best installation practice would be to [url=http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=2351[/url] to the location of or within 6m of the i70 MFID, add a spur socket in that location, and then connect the i70 MFID to the spur socket via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Doing so will maximize the features and data which will be supported by the i70 MFID, as well as to support updating its software should it ever be necessary or desired to do so.

Alternatively and dependent upon what other devices have been interfaced to the SeaTalk bus, a SeaTalkng Spur Cable may be spliced to a SeaTalk Cable as follows:
- data (yellow) lead of SeaTalkng Spur Cable to data (yellow) lead of SeaTalk Cable;
- power (red) lead of SeaTalkng Spur Cable to power (red) lead of SeaTalk Cable;
- ground (shield) lead of SeaTalkng Spur Cable to ground (black) lead of SeaTalk Cable
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply