Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] connecting to WIFI
12-30-19, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-19 04:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] connecting to WIFI
I bought a new Axiom 9 just before Christmas. It came loaded with Software version 3.5.4.0. I have looked online and found out that the latest software is version v3.11.42.
When I try to upgrade and I select my home wifi I get the following message.

"Sam" (my WIFI name) has issued an IP address 10.0.0.217 which conflicts with your Raymarine network. Please change the access point settings or contact the network administrator.

One of the reasons I bought this unit was because it said it had wifi.

Please help

Sam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-19, 04:41 PM
RE: [CA11] connecting to WIFI
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sam,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In short, there is no setting which may be changed within the MFD's settings to correct this behavior. The Wi-Fi router/access point which you are attempting to connect your MFD's Wi-Fi to appears to have been configured to issue Class A Private Network IP network addresses. Such addresses will conflict with Raymarine products having Wi-Fi communication interfaces. It is recommended that your ISP, Cisco, or the party who set up your Wi-Fi router/access point be contacted to program the device to either use DHCP IP addressing or IP address ranges which are not in conflict with the Class A IP address range used by Raymarine and have been specified within the referenced FAQ. Alternatively, the software update compressed folder may be downloaded from the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL Software Updates web page to your computer, its contents may be extracted to the root level directory of a commonly available microSD memory card (8GB capacity will be more than sufficient) and then inserted into your MFD's microSD memory card reader or remote card reader (RCR) to update the MFD's software.
01-06-20, 10:34 AM
Video RE: [CA11] connecting to WIFI
Chuck,
I could not get on WIFI at my home or three other WIFI spots that I tried because the protocol was not compatible with axiom.
I was able to successfully update to the latest version by using the SD card route.

Thank you for your help.
Sam
01-06-20, 10:36 AM
RE: [CA11] connecting to WIFI
You're welcome.