Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Es lighthouse chart upgrade issue
07-01-16, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-16 11:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Es lighthouse chart upgrade issue
Hi I updated my es7 yesterday by downloading updates to a new sad card then installing card in slot 2. It loaded and things work. However whenever I restart the ES7 it goes thru a data validly check , how can I stop this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-16, 11:48 AM
RE: Es lighthouse chart upgrade issue
E.hatch2086,

Following the software update(s), the microSD card containing the software update files must be removed from the MFD's memory card reader. Failure to do so will cause the MFD to re-install the R17 software into the MFD each time that the MFD is powered ON.
07-02-16, 04:17 PM
Hi,that worked. I also have connected SeaTalk 1 to STng Converter installed Sept 2015 to interface my instruments and two classic c120's. Would his update also update the software on the SeaTalk 1 to STng Converter?
07-05-16, 08:52 AM
E.hatch2086,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to determine the versions of software within your Ramarine products. Should the microSD memory card containing the R17 software update files be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader after the MFD has completed startup initialization and the MFD has then be commanded to check the card for updates (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK CARD FOR UPDATES), then the MFD will present a dialog permitting the operator to command software within the supported peripherals of one's choosing to be updated ... should they have not already been updated with the latest software..