The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Element 7S NAV+ Supported NMEA 2000 Networking
01-02-20, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-20 04:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Element 7S NAV+ Supported NMEA 2000 Networking
I'm looking to buy an Element 7s NAV+ as part of a proposed Seatalk ng system comprised primarily of Raymarine equipment. I need to be able to see the AIS data from my Em-Trak B100 AIS Transceiver which I have verified is NMEA2000 certified. I'd also like to be able to use information from my legacy wind, speed and depth transducers networked through the ITC-5. However, looking at the specifications, it appears the Element is only compatible with a limited number of inputs excluding AIS and other networked instruments.
From the Element S Specification page on the website:
INPUT: NMEA2000 Compatible Engines (Max 2) | NMEA2000 Compatible Tank Sensors (Max 4) | Heading Sensor (for Chart Stabilization)
OUTPUT: GPS (for VHF Distress and DSC). Waypoint, Routes, and XTE for Autopilot. Waypoint and Route sharing between Element displays

I have attached a proposed schematic for the system I plan on my boat. It seems fairly simple from a NMEA 2000 perspective. Can you offer a comment on AIS and other instrument compatibility and does my system look workable to you?

Thanks very much

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Schematic Options - Raymarine MFD .pdf (Size: 332.11 KB / Downloads: 414)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Element 7S NAV+ Supported NMEA 2000 Networking - spencerdd - 01-02-20 03:45 PM