Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
01-13-20, 03:55 PM
RE: [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder
Hi Chuck thanks again for the response am I using up all my support tokens :-)?

So let's leave the autohelm out of this (I only use this to hold a set course for a short period of time and don't think I'd gain much based on our usage by interfacing with Element).

Maybe I will go at it this way...

1. I want to see true wind speed on wind instrument and be able to hold course based on apparent wind angle. To do this I would need ST60 wind to read I50 speed data, correct? Will these 2 work together?
2. Can I replace (do I need to) replace ST60 wind with I60 wind and still maintain Autohelm ST4000?
3. I would like to see true/apparent wind speed and direction on Element. Also speed over ground and speed through the water.
4. Speed and depth transducers could optionally be connected to backbone, correct?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the detailed responses piecing the old with the new is quite challenging.

I look through all your other detailed responses and appreciate your depth of knowledge and level of effort you put into individual support and configuration issues.

I think we're getting close.

Regards,

Andrew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] I50 Depth and Fish Finder - andrew@apwengineering.com - 01-13-20 03:55 PM