Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV-150 without control head
01-08-20, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-20 09:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV-150 without control head
I just installed a EV-150 ACU, EV1 & Type 1 pump on a Boston Whaler 210 with 225hp Honda. I did not install a control head. My plan was to use my E97 as the autopilot control. I know it will be limited without the control head. I have bled the system and the motor does move when I use the autopilot control on the E97.

Is there a correct procedure for initializing the system?

How do I perform a dockside wizard without a control head?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-20, 10:11 AM
RE: [CA11] EV-150 without control head
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Balao71,

Controlling and setting up an Evolution autopilot via a MFD running LightHouse 3 software is achieved as follows:
- Enable Pilot Control (HOME->SETTINGS->AUTOPILOT->PILOT CONTROL->ON)
- Verify that the autopilot's EV-1 and ACU have each been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update and if not, update the software within these products accordingly. The currently installed software may be determined by examining the MFD's Product Info diagnostic dialog (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK). If the software within either of these components is updated, then a Pilot Factory Reset ( must be performed.
- Configure Pilot Set-up Hull Type, Drive Type, and Speed Input configuration settings (HOME->SETTINGS->AUTOPILOT->PILOT SET-UP)
- See the aforementioned FAQ providing the command sequence to execute the Dockside Wizard
- Please click here to view the FAQ addressing the short cruise to be undertaken to determine the magnetic deviation sensed by the EV-1 CCU.
01-09-20, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-20 12:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Excellent I would like to add the P70r at some point but with a CC space is very limited. Is there a way to use a s100 with you the ev150 to gain the fishing patterns?
01-09-20, 01:24 PM
Balao71,

Q. Is there a way to use a s100 with you the ev150 to gain the fishing patterns?
A. Yes. Access to fishing patterns for the Evolution autopilot may alternatively be achieved via a SmartController or S100. The wireless base station for these autopilots will be interfaced to a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which will be installed as a backbone component of the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
01-10-20, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-20 02:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Will I need seatalk to seatalkng convertor or can I use the seatalk to seatalkng wire and connect it directly to my seatalkng network?
01-10-20, 02:27 PM
Balao71,

The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter (i.e. a microprocessor based device having 2 backbone sockets, 2 spur sockets, and one SeaTalk socket) must be used to interface the wireless base station to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone