Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] c80 has no data from scanner
01-09-20, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-20 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] c80 has no data from scanner
Turned on my c80 today to check things out. The c80 started up fine. Turned on the radar, had a no data message. did a radar reset and then it worked. switched the c80 back to chart, all good. Switched back to radar and found a no data message. SCN incompatible message. all connections good. What might have gone wrong. Nothing has been changed since last used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-20, 10:40 AM
RE: [CA11] c80 has no data from scanner
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

It is recommended that your system's waypoint, route, and track data be backed up to a CF memory card (your chart card may also be used for this purpose) and that a Factory Reset be commanded as the first action to correct this issue. Should this not address the problem, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing further actions which may be taken.
01-25-20, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-20 08:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, did a factory reset, no change. opened the scanner to check for voltage and found water inside the scanner and everything pretty wet. bummer for me. Can i use a newer version of the scanner that will work with my c80? like a RD218 or do i have to find the exact model?
01-27-20, 11:29 AM
Jon,

Q. Can i use a newer version of the scanner that will work with my c80? like a RD218 or do i have to find the exact model?
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within these radomes are no longer produced and would need to be sought from the second hand market.