Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RL70CRC+
01-11-20, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-20 02:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RL70CRC+
My RL70CRC+
Last summer, when I turned the chart plotter on it started to boot up then clicked off. I then left the power turned on to the chart plotter at the power panel for a few days. After that,when I turned the chart plotter on at the instrument, it then worked.
Is there an internal battery that needs to be replaced. If not, any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Stan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-20, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-20 05:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RL70CRC+
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Stan,

The design of the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays did not include an internal memory battery. I would recommend that troubleshooting begin by inspecting the power and ground leads from the display's power cable through all connectors, terminal strips / bus bars, circuity panels, etc. to the batteries to ensure that all cables are in good shape, are free of corrosion, and that all connections are tight. If so and should the problem occur again, then it would be recommended at the time of failure that the display's power cable be unplugged and that loaded system voltage be measured to verify that it is within the operating range supported by the display. If so, then it would appear to indicate a problem within the display's internal circuitry. Unfortunately, Raymarine's Product Repair Centers can no longer services hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays, nor provide parts for them. As such, should the problem persist and it not be a power issue, then it may be necessary to either seek a second hand replacement for the display or to consider upgrading the boat's electronics.
01-25-20, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-20 07:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank yo for your reply.
I checked all of the power supply connections as soon as this problem surfaced - to no avail. Sadly, it sounds like I will have to update the radar and plotter.

Stan
01-25-20, 07:08 AM
You're welcome.