Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Closing the Gap with 1kw medium wide transducer?
02-14-20, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-20 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Closing the Gap with 1kw medium wide transducer?
1st Question;
Have Dual Axiom Pro's/CP570 with a 45' diesel inboard's. Already have your 2kw R109LH chirp transducer which I'm completely satisfied, and the RV212 dual transducer set-up, but just wanted to close the gap with a 1 kw thru hull Medium wide chirp transducer. Not sure what do have, or if something exists. Mainly for pelagics.

2nd Question;
The CP570, can that handle two, 2kw transducers? Little confused as it says it can handle 2 seperate transducers with two seperate ports.
Or, can I run one 2kw transducer, and one, 1kw transducer. Or it just does one transducer Up to 3kw.
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-20, 10:51 AM
RE: [CA11] Closing the Gap with 1kw medium wide transducer?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Fish On,

The following are the only medium frequency wide CHIRP transducers are offered by Raymarine:
- A80378 PM411LM-W 2kW Ultra Wide CHIRP Transducer
- A80377 R409LM-W 2kW Ultra Wide CHIRP Transducer
As the CP570 feature two independent sets of 2kW CHIRP processing circuitry, it is indeed possible to put 4kW into the water through a CP570 via a pair of 2kW CHIRP transducers. While it is possible to interface a 3kW CHIRP transducer to a CP470 or CP570, the output power to the transducer will be limited to 1kW or 2kW respectively.
02-14-20, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-20 02:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
So with my R109LH already connected to the CP570, I can also add an additional 2kw thru hull transducer to the CP570? If this is true, that would be great! I won't have to purchase an additional CP570 as my Breaker box is full.
So either one of the two 2kw thru hull transducers that you recommended will work, and also connected to a single CP570 black box unit.
- A80378 PM411LM-W 2kW Ultra Wide CHIRP Transducer
- A80377 R409LM-W 2kW?
Next question's;
Can I run the two, 2kw transducers simultaneously at the same time? R109LH and R409LM-W 2kw?
How far apart do the 2kw transducers have to be?
How far does the RV212 have to be from the 2kw transducers.
Or, if it cant be done, heres another option, get a 1kw medium chirp transducer and plug it into the Axiom Pro RVX, as I have dual Axiom Pro 16 RVX.
My RV212 is connected to one of the Axiom Pro RVX, I can connect the 1kw medium transducer to the other Axiom Pro RVX.
I would just need a model number from you on a 1kw thru hull medium, or medium wide, or medium ultra wide chirp transducer.
Please advise,
Thanks!!
02-14-20, 02:54 PM
Fish On,

Q1. So with my R109LH already connected to the CP570, I can also add an additional 2kw thru hull transducer to the CP570?
A1. Negative. Forgive my lack of clarity within my prior response. As the R109LH features both Low and High CHIRP frequencies, the currently installed CP570 may only be interfaced to your R109LH. The R109LH would then be possible of transmitting 2kW low freq. CHIRP, 2kW high freq. CHIRP, or both simultaneously. The aforementioned Wide CHIRP transducer would then need to be interfaced to one of the system's other CHIRP fishfinder sonars (ex. 1kW port of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD or another CP470/570 ... a CP570 would be needed only if you desire to push 2kW out of the transducer).

Q2. Can I run the two, 2kw transducers simultaneously at the same time? R109LH and R409LM-W 2kw?
A2. Yes, albeit you would only want to transmit low frequency from one of the transducers at any time or risk interference.

Q3. How far apart do the 2kw transducers have to be?
A3. Raymarine has not created a specification for such. As indicated within the response to Q2, the key is to simply not ping at the same frequency. As you will have transducers, capable of transmitting low, medium, and high frequencies, all may be simultaneously transmitted by the sounders.

Q4. How far does the RV212 have to be from the 2kw transducers.
A4. Raymarine has not created a specification for such. As indicated within the response to Q2, the key is that the sounders simply not ping at the same frequencies. The frequencies used by the RV transducers may be found here.

Q5. My RV212 is connected to one of the Axiom Pro RVX, I can connect the 1kw medium transducer to the other Axiom Pro RVX.
A5. The Axiom Pro RVX MFDs feature two transducers sockets and two independent sets of fishfinder processor circuitry, the 1kW medium CHIRP transducer may be interfaced to the 1kW Transducer socket of either Axiom Pro RVX MFD. Please additionally be certain that these MFDs have been updated with LH3 v3.11.42 or later software to ensure maximum fishfinder performance when using a MFD's internal fishfinder circuitry.

Q6. I would just need a model number from you on a 1kw thru hull medium, or medium wide, or medium ultra wide chirp transducer.
A6. Unfortunately, Raymarine only offers 2kW medium wide CHIRP transducers. As suggested earlier, when interfaced to the 1kW transducer socket of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD or CP470, these transducers will output 1kW.
02-17-20, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-20 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
- Can I use a B265LM D/T Low Medium A80011 or Airmar B175 or the B285 as both are available with a Medium element.
- Can it be plugged directly in the back of 1 of my Axiom Pro RVX? 1 unit is still unused, other MFD has the RV212 plugged into it. CP570 has the R109lh.
- Does the Axiom Pro have dual frequency built incase? Meaning, can I run the low and medium frequency at the same time on the B265LM D/T A80011? Or is the Axiom Pro RVX unit a single frequency, and can only do either a low, or medium at a single time?
- Not sure if this can be explained, but it looks like 2 transducers can be connected to the cp570. It does say up to 4kw Not sure if I can do this, and use the R109LH 2kw, then switch over to the R409LM-W 2kw.