Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting Raymarine Axiom 9 to Raymarine eS78 echo sounder
01-16-20, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-20 03:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting Raymarine Axiom 9 to Raymarine eS78 echo sounder
Hi

I've been struggling for months to connect the newly installed Raymarine Axiom 9 RV(E70367 1080060) to our vessels Raymarine eS78(with 3D vision add-on module). The local Raymarine dealers in St Maarten sent me the wrong cable twice and we have a charter on the 25th of January and I will definitely need to have the chart plotter working for that trip.

I've attached photos of the cable of the echo sounder that needs to be connected to the chart plotter. Can someone please tell me which cable I actually need to order to connect these two devices. (The echo sounder has a 9-pin male cable as can be seen in the photo.

Also, while I'm ordering cables, can you please tell me which cable I need to connect the Axiom 9 RV to a a Fusion MS-RA70N stereo so that I can play music from the Axiom 9 RV through the speakers of the Fusion MS-RA70N using it's AUX in function.

Regards,
Paul

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-20, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-20 04:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Connecting Raymarine Axiom 9 to Raymarine eS78 echo sounder
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Paul,

Q1. I've attached photos of the cable of the echo sounder that needs to be connected to the chart plotter. Can someone please tell me which cable I actually need to order to connect these two devices. (The echo sounder has a 9-pin male cable as can be seen in the photo.
A1. The plug shown within the photo appears to be that of a DownVision or CPT-S fishfinder transducer which should be able to be directly mated to the Transducer socket of an ax8 MFD, eSx8 MFD, Axiom 7 DV MFD or CP100 DownVision Sounder Module. These transducers may also be adapted to be mated to an Axiom Pro RV MFD or RVX1000 RealVision Sounder Module. That said, we may be able to positively identify the model of transducer if provided with a photo of the transducer's identification tag. Transducer identification tags are attached to the plug end of a transducer's cable. Please note that a DownVision transducer will support DownVision sonar imaging and low power / high frequency conical CHIRP sonar imaging. Please note that a CPT-S transducer will only support low power / high frequency conical CHIRP sonar imaging. Neither of these types of transducers will support 3D sonar imaging. The latter would require that the Axiom RV MFD be interfaced to a RealVision Transducer.

The MFDs will be interface to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2. Can you please tell me which cable I need to connect the Axiom 9 RV to a a Fusion MS-RA70N stereo so that I can play music from the Axiom 9 RV through the speakers of the Fusion MS-RA70N using it's AUX in function.
A2. No such capability exist via a wired audio connection from the MFD. Audio from apps running on the MFD may be played on a marine entertainment system supporting Bluetooth communications technology. The Axiom MFD's Bluetooth communications (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->BLUETOOTH SETTINGS) will be paired to the marine entertainment system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply