Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Repeaters
01-16-20, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-20 07:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Repeaters
Can I use a Raymarine C80 MFD as a repeater for my Ratheon RL70RC pathfinder radar/chartplotter display unit or vice versa. The RL70RC has an hsb(1) connection, nmea0183 inputs and outputs and a seatalk(1) 3 pin connector. The C80 has nmea 0183, seatalk, dsm and seatalk2 connection ports. Looking through my manuals, I could not find a diagram of how to do this. Thanks.
Jude
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-20, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-20 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Repeaters
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jude,

Q1. Can I use a Raymarine C80 MFD as a repeater for my Ratheon RL70RC pathfinder radar/chartplotter display unit or vice versa.
A1. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the FAQ found here, the only option for sharing radar and/or chart data from a hsb(1) Pathfinder Series Radar/Chartplotter would be to interface it to another hsb(1) Pathfinder Series Radar, Chartplotter, or Fishfinder display. To hsb(1) Pathfinder Series Displays may be joined via their respective hsb ports with an appropriate length of hsb Cable to share radar and cartography. These displays would each additionally need to be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus via their respective SeaTalk ports to support sharing of GPS, instrument, navigational, and system state data. A sample diagram may be found on page 8-24 of the HSB Series Color LCD Display Owner's Manual. As you may be well aware, production of hsb(1) Pathfinder Series Radar, Chartplotter, or Fishfinder display concluded approximately 20 years ago, necessitating that such a display be located within the second hand market should you elect to follow this path.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply