Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Block diagram Oregon fishing boat with Axiom
01-26-20, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 08:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Block diagram Oregon fishing boat with Axiom
Hey Chuck,

Ok I updated the block diagram and I think I got it this time, fingers crossed.lol. Couple more questions...

Q2. It appears that the B175HW only comes in a 8 or 10 pin configuration. The B175M come in a 111 pin configuration. So I assume I will need a cable to adapt to the AP16's 11 pin configuration? If so what part number for that adapter?

Thanks Chuck!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Raymarine Block Diagram.pdf (Size: 19.34 KB / Downloads: 275)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-20, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 10:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
lukerabun,

Q1. I updated the block diagram and I think I got it this time, fingers crossed.lol.
A1. Your most recent diagram appears correct ... great job!

Q2. It appears that the B175HW only comes in a 8 or 10 pin configuration. The B175M come in a 111 pin configuration. So I assume I will need a cable to adapt to the AP16's 11 pin configuration? If so what part number for that adapter?
A2. The Raymarine B175HW transducer features a short cable and is designed to be mated to either Raymarine's A102150 5m Extension Cable or A80327 10m Extension Cable. The extension cable, along with the cable from the B175M will be mated to the A102146 Y-Cable, which in turn will be connected to the Axiom Pro RVX MFD's 1kW Transducer socket. The leg of the Y-Cable labeled A will be connected to the transducer supporting the lower of the two frequency ranges supported by the two transducers ... in this case the B175M.
02-11-20, 12:23 AM
Based on the most recent diagram. Can I wire the axiom pro 12 tot the seatalk backbone? I would be the advantages in disadvantages to doing that? Thanks Chuck
02-11-20, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-20 08:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
lukerabun,

Your last diagram listed an Axiom Pro 16 RVX MFD and an Axiom 12 RV (not Pro) MFD. Of these, the Axiom Pro 16 RVX MFD is shown to be connected as a spur to the backbone. Additionally connecting a second MFD as a spur to the backbone would create a level of redundancy with respect to communications with the other devices which have been interfaced to the backbone should the Axiom Pro 16 RVX ever suffer a failure. In the case of a failure of the Axiom Pro 16 RVX MFD, then Axiom 12 RV MFD (or Axiom Pro 12 RVX MFD) may then be designated as the system's Data Master MFD to then support communications with the devices on the backbone.