Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Software update online - Axiom 9 MFD
01-20-20, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 10:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Software update online - Axiom 9 MFD
Hi Guys,

I run two Axiom 9" MFDs on a Seatalkng network. I have one as my chartplotter, and run the second as my fishfinder/sonar. I have a Mercruiser gateway so I can see data from my 2 Mercruisers on either display, and a transducer that obviously plugs into the MFD that is the fishfinder. I have defined the chart MFD as the data master of the two.

Quite regularly I use the wifi to connect to my phone's internet, and check for updates online. The Axiom that I use for the charts etc, on which I record all of my waypoints and tracks etc, always updates without a problem.

However, when I try to repeat the process for the other Axiom that I use as a fishfinder, it finds the available update, but when I tell it to do the update, it tells me there is not enough memory to do so. Previously it has done the updates no problems, but the last few months when trying I encounter this same issue of not enough memory.

I could obviously do the update via SD card, but that's a lot more hassle than the online option. Any suggestions/help appreciated.

Thanks,

Platta
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-20, 10:45 AM
RE: [CA11] Software update online - Axiom 9 MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Platta,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
02-03-20, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-20 06:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck

I have read the FAQ attached above, very helpful however.....

I also get the message "not enough storage space" when trying to update the charts from my iPhone Navionics app. The WPs and Routes did successfully sync from the iPhone to the Axiom 9. After this success I went on to update the charts but get the "space" message.

The Navionics mSD card is FAT32. But looking at the properties of the Navionics card I see it only has 500K of storage space left so I expect this has been my problem.

I do have a 32G mSD card (also FAT32) which has lots of space available that I could use in the RCR . Would using this card mounted in the RCR solve my problem?
Are there any differences in the procedure using this approach?

I have the current version of LH3 so I have not yet needed to update the software which in the future I would prefer to do by WiFi.

Thanks
Kirk
02-04-20, 09:15 AM
Kirk,

Q1. I do have a 32G mSD card (also FAT32) which has lots of space available that I could use in the RCR . Would using this card mounted in the RCR solve my problem?
A1. Quite possibly. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, Axiom MFDs are dependent upon the presence of a microSD card having at least 2 GB of free memory to be present within the Axiom MFD's memory card reader or within a remote memory reader which has been connected to each Axiom MFD which will be updated. Should this requirement not be met, then the reported message may be displayed. This requirement applies equally to Axiom MFDs which will be updated via WiFi, as well as those Axiom MFDs which will be remotely updated via a networked Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD. Should there be an issue when using the 32GB microSD memory card, then as indicated within the referenced FAQ, it would be recommended that the microSD card be reformatted with a NTFS file system.

Q2. Are there any differences in the procedure using this approach?
A2. Negative