Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom and A97 data master issue
01-21-20, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 12:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom and A97 data master issue
I have a new Axiom 9 installed at my helm. Radar and depth transducer are attached and working. I installed my old A 97 MFD below, connected it to the ST backbone and it worked fine. I wanted to add a raynet connection so I can get charts and radar on the A97. I unplugged the radar from the Axiom and connected an A62362 cable to the MFDs. After assigning the Axiom as data master, the A97 alarmed as to “ waiting for DM”. The only available DM selection on the A97 was for itself, the Axiom does not show.

Both MFD have the latest update.

I am hoping to make the final raynet connection using a RJ45 gigabit switch, using A80159 cables, so I can add the radar.

I must be missing something, I would expect the A97 to display the Axiom as an available DM option.

Thanks for any help you may have.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-20, 12:09 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom and A97 data master issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Q. After assigning the Axiom as data master, the A97 alarmed as to “ waiting for DM”.
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein a-Series MFDs (a member of the legacy a/c/e-Series MFD family) cannot be interfaced via Ethernet communications to a MFD running LightHouse 3 software (i.e. Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs). As indicated therein the a-Series MFD may alternatively be interfaced to the same backbone as is the Axiom MFD ... however, data sharing will be limited to that specified within the referenced FAQ.
01-22-20, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 12:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
No backward compatibility, not good!
01-22-20, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 12:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome. Unfortunately, the processing and memory requirements for LightHouse 3 software are higher than for LightHouse II software. The eS and gS-Series MFDs which followed the a/c/e-Series MFDs featured just enough processing power and memory to permit them to run LightHouse 3 software up through v3.11.42.